Luxembourg is one of the smallest countries in the world and covers an area of only 2,600 square kilometers. With its 600,000 inhabitants, the country could be considered a large city, but it remains a fantastic place to visit as many of the main attractions are concentrated in one place, and the town retains the old world charm.
Luxembourg City Walking Tour
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg has Luxembourg city for the largest town and capital of the country. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1994, and there are lots of things to do and see during your guided walking tours in the city.
From historic sights and scenic lookouts to extensive art collections and archaeological finds, there is all you need in the city to spend a weekend or a longer city-escape in Luxembourg City, such as:
- The Bock casemates in the heart of the old town offer a unique insight into the medieval city’s past.
- The Grand Ducal Palace, beautiful churches, and carefully landscaped gardens.
- The great Adolphe Bridge: a symbol of Luxembourg.
- The ruins of the former city near the city park and Fort Thungen.
- The Corniche viewing platform extends over the Grund, a charming district on the river.
Tours in Luxembourg City
In Luxembourg city, the most beautiful sights are located very close to one another on the map. Luxembourg is actually on two levels: the upper city and the bottom. In between, there is the St. Esprit plateau, which is referred to as a medium-sized town.
Here you will find 20 places of interest in the city. So, for your next free walking tour Luxembourg city, visit the sights in the order you want, or follow this order, and you will save some kilometers.
- The old town of Luxembourg – the upper town
- Saint-Alphonse Church
- Place d’Armes and Cercle Municipal
- Adolphe Bridge
- Bourbon Plateau and Bank Museum
- The Cathedral of Our Lady and the Crypt
- The Grand-Ducal Palace
- Michael’s Church
- Casemates of Luxembourg City (Casemates du Bock)
- The Hollow Tooth: “Huelen Zant”
- The Plateau St. Esprit in the middle city of Luxembourg
- The National Monument of Luxembourg Solidarity
- The Citadel of the Holy Spirit
- Reason area- the lower city of Luxembourg
- St. John’s Church
- Schlassbréck: the Castle Bridge
- Sights in the districts of Clausen and Kirchberg
- Fort Obergrünewald
- Fort Thüngen
- Luxembourg City’s Philharmonic
Insiders’ tip: At the Palais Grand-Ducal, the changing of the guard is at 4:30 p.m. The ceremony is fascinating, so you should visit the Grand Ducal Palace either at this time or come back here in the afternoon after your city tour.
Start your Luxembourg City Walking Tours
Luxembourg is only a stone’s throw away from most northern European countries, which is why it is suitable for a weekend trip.
If you are looking at a trip to Luxembourg’s capital, some great a Luxembourg City walking tour and new ideas for Luxembourg city self-guided walking tours are waiting for you on our platform.
Riviera Bar Crawls & Tours is developing a network of guided tours in Luxembourg City and other cities with local guides and city lovers, such as in Luxembourg city.
Join the community and enjoy the best way to discover a new city as a local!
For further enquires and information, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org