Table of Contents
Stockholm – explore the Swedish capital
It is one of the most exciting cities in Northern Europe, and its history goes back to the twelfth century. Its name means something like “small island of tree trunks”.
We are talking about the Swedish capital Stockholm.
In this article, thanks to the best local guides in Stockholm, you will find out which sights you should see when visiting the metropolis in the far north.
Are you ready to head for a private Stockholm city walking tour or a free walking tour in Stockholm? It is time to pick up your walking tour Stockholm map and to check the best spots that the Swedish city has to offer.
Stockholm Walking Tour
Stockholm has around a million inhabitants, making it one of the smaller capitals. But what makes Stockholm the most beautiful city in Scandinavia and the best capital in Europe?
The city has a lot to offer: large parks, grand promenades, picturesque old houses, and the incredibly beautiful surrounding area.
Besides, the city can easily be visited on foot, and you will have a great choice of some of the best free walking Stockholm tours such as:
- A tourist sites free walking tour Stockholm
- A free guided walking tour Stockholm in English, French, Spanish …
- A free walking tour Stockholm Gamla Stan
- A foodies’ free walking tours Stockholm Sweden
- Alternative walking tours of Stockholm Sweden
- And more
But the best way to experience Stockholm is with locals. Let’s follow our local tour guide in Stockholm to experience the best private tour. And remember, no matter what time of the year I was visiting, whether April, May, June, or October, you will always have temperatures between 20 – 32 °C and sunshine!
Tours in Stockholm
Our locals brought you some exciting information about the best highlights in Stockholm. You can see them all in one day in Stockholm, but the first recommendation for your day in Stockholm would be …
- Gamla Stan is the vibrant center of Stockholm – the old town located on one of the 30,000 archipelago islands. Restaurants with traditional Swedish dishes invite you to many alleys and side cobblestone streets.
- A visit to the Nobel Museum in Stockholm is also a good idea. It is located on Stortorget, one of the squares in the city center.
- The Royal Palace is a top sight in Stockholm. It is in the center, and if you are in Stockholm for the first time, you should take a look at the Royal Palace.
- The Vasa Museum: There is only one ship on display here, and it hasn’t even participated in a famous battle. But it’s not just any ship … you will find out by yourselves.
- The Abba Museum in Stockholm is an entirely different type of museum, and ABBA is something more than just a Swedish pop band, and you can go on a little journey through time here.
- The Skyview: a bit outside of the city center, it is a unique vantage point, and it is something unique: a ride on the outside of the world’s largest spherical building – the Ericsson Globe.
Start your Stockholm Walking Tours
Most tours start with these attractions but there is much more to discover in Stockholm. Ask your local Swedish guide to tell you more about the city’s history and best local spots and nightlife in the stunning city of Stockholm.
Discovering new places, meeting new people and finding local spots for a coffee break, are essential for us to at Riviera Bar Crawls & Tours. That is why we started listing the best-guided tours of Stockholm and other cities all around Europe, that offer free tours and tip based compensations.
You can now find the best local guides and the best walking tours in Stockholm, Nice, London, or Sevilla and enjoy the best city tours.
For further enquires and information, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org