SIGHTSEEING TOUR “CANYON OF VERDON ” CASTELLANE, MOUSTIERS SAINTE -MARIE
- Duration : Full day Tour 9 Hours
- Departure From Nice : 08:30AM / Available only on MONDAY
- Pick up at your Hotel in proximity to Verdon Gorge
- Price : 130€ pp Departure from Cannes, Antibes & Monaco +20€pp
- Contact & information firstname.lastname@example.org Sms Whatsapp
+33 649 244 407
Les Gorges du Verdon is a river canyon that is often considered to be one of Europe’s most beautiful. It is about 25 kilometres long and up to 700 metres deep. Named after the Verdon River, the river radiates a turquoise-green colour, one of the location’s distinguishing characteristics.
The most impressive part lies between the towns of Castellane and Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, where the river has cut a ravine to a depth of 700 metres through the limestone mass. At the end of the canyon, the Verdon River flows into the artificial lake of « Lac de Sainte-Croix ». Discover Moustiers Sainte Marie, and the spectacular views of the canyon.
The Verdon Gorge is a hotspot for tourists and local French all year round. Its spectacular beauty is incomparable to anything else in Europe. The gorge offers many places for its visitors to hike or simply relax with a delicious picnic. But most oftenly, visitors like to rent boats and kayaks to take down the river.