Madrid – The exciting Spanish capital
Buenos Dias! Looking for information, must-sees, and sights around Madrid for your city trip?
Great! Today we are giving you some insiders tips and formations from our local guides in Madrid.
With these travel tips on the Spanish capital, you will be able to decide on the best walking tour Madrid and choose between a wide choice of visiting options such as a free walking tour Madrid, a focused free walking tour Madrid Puerta del Sol, the majestic Madrid walking tour or any other free walking tours Madrid Spain and self-guided tour around the city.
Madrid Walking Tour
When deciding on a local tour guide in Madrid, you choose to discover the “real Madrid.” It is an excellent opportunity to learn the “historia y cultura” of Madrid (culture and history), trough the best “visitas guiadas” (guided tours) or through a free tour Madrid (“tour gratuito”) around Palacio Real or in the district of Barrio de las Letras.
Visiting a city is much more than seeing the tourist spots and checking the places in a list.
During a guided walking tour Madrid with a local guide (“guía local”), you will also experience the local culture, discover the local restaurants and party spots all-around Madrid, and much more.
Tours in Madrid
Choosing a walking tour Madrid with a local is to learn about the city differently.
Here are some extra details that a local guide -born and raised in Madrid- told us:
- The name Madrid roughly means “the place of the many rivers” and comes from the Arabic word “majority”. In the 19th century, the Arabs called the river Manzanares “al-Majrit” (source of water) and the city of Majerit – at some point, it became Madrid.
- Madrid has been the Spanish capital since 1561
For the best views in Madrid, go to:
- Círculo de Bellas Artes: Below is a café and on top, and you can take the elevator up to the roof terrace, an insider tip that you have to know first. There the view extends over the whole of Madrid! It is worth a detour even at sunset!
- Faro de Moncloa: A lighthouse that lets you look over Madrid from a height of over 90 meters!
- Templo de Debod: it is probably the most beautiful sunset right there!
Besides on the logistic side, here are some useful tips:
- The best time to visit Madrid in May and June or September and October, with temperatures between 30 and 45 degrees.
- July and August should be left out – that’s when it gets uncomfortably hot, especially if you are planning a city break with a lot of walking!
In terms of food discoveries:
- The “Mercado de San Miguel” is a very stylish market hall in Madrid, which by the way, is the only built iron market hall that has lasted to this day.
Inside, you can find everything to do with food! Tapas, paella, ham, pizza, fish, desserts, beer, wine, coffee, everything your stomach desires – and of the highest quality!
- The market hall is to show Spain’s gastronomic diversity and serve as the center of the culinary culture of Spain.
Insiders’ tip: It is a bit expensive and crowded! But definitely worth a detour if you are in Madrid!
Start your Madrid Walking Tours
Riviera Bar Crawls & Tours have listed some of the best guided-tours in Madrid and other cities as well as a continually growing list of local guides to take you around their city.
Besides, check our activities, unique tours, and pub crawl. These are also a great way to enjoy what Madrid and other cities have to offer. Pub Crawls will take you to the hippest and trendiest bars, pubs, and clubs in the city. You will quickly meet locals, other travelers at some great parties while having fun chatting in English, Spanish and other languages!
For further enquires and information, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org